The Elevate Programme
Elevate is designed to help young people realise their full potential, develop new skills and grow in confidence. It gives them the chance to work through any issues they may have which are affecting their performance at school, and reflect on the wider impact of their behaviour. The programme also helps pupils identify their own strengths and weaknesses in various areas, such as communication and problem solving as well as empowering them to reach their full potential.
It is of benefit to young people who are:
- At risk of permanent exclusion.
- Frequently on report for poor behaviour.
- Regularly absent.
- Displaying poor lesson behaviour.
- Demonstrating a poor attitude to teachers, peers and the wider community.
- In trouble with the Police
The primary aim of Elevate is to support the education system by working with those young people who are experiencing difficulties in the following ways:
- To establish meaningful and trusting relationships with young people experiencing difficulty at school
- To identify key reasons why the young person may not be realising their potential in terms of education, career opportunities, social skills etc and enhance their ability to obtain maximum benefit from school
- To encourage the development of self worth, self confidence, self respect, discipline and positive attitudes towards school and society
- To improve behaviour and school attendance
- To assist with communication skills
- To assist situation management and self control skills
- To reduce the possibility of school exclusion
All work on the programme is done in partnership with the school.